Lipstick is always a good idea. Whether you have a special occasion coming up or you’re headed to work, there is no other product that can pick up your look quite like a beautiful lipstick. Yet, wearing lipstick doesn’t only have to be for a special occasion. You can always choose one for casual wear or look for one that will look great with your clothes.
Whether you’re looking for a lipstick for navy blue dress or want the best natural looking lipstick to wear daily, there are many options available. Finding the right product is about choosing what you like and what you feel good wearing. You can look for a matching lipstick to outfit for a special event or choose a favorite red gloss for your date nights.
Whatever you want to use makeup for, make sure to look for the best option for you and your personal needs. With so many products available, how do you know which one is a good one or will work wonderfully for you? To help you while shopping, consider the following products and our reviews.
Table of Contents
- Our Top 5 Casual Lipstick Recommendations
- 1 – Lipstick Queen Butterfly Ball Lipstick
- 2 – Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick
- 3 – NARS Pure Matte Lipstick
- 4 – Revlon Super Lustrous Crème Lipstick, Berry Haute
- 5 – MAC Matte Lipstick Russian Red
- When Should You Use It?
- How Will It Help You?
- How To Choose The Right One For You
- In Conclusion
Our Top 5 Casual Lipstick Recommendations
1 – Lipstick Queen Butterfly Ball Lipstick
This option is available in a variety of pretty, subtle colors that are perfect for enhancing your look without going overboard. With blue pearl in the Queen Butterfly shades, this lipstick works wonders to enhance your smile. It also contains film formers that help to keep your lips moisturized. Of course, because it contains aloe Vera and an assortment of vitamins, you can trust your lips will feel soft after using it.
There’s a reason why it’s called Queen Butterfly. This product goes on smoothly and feels soft enough to wear throughout the day. It’s subtle enough for casual wear but the color still shows up boldly enough to provide you with a pick-me-up. If you’re looking for one of the most popular lipstick colors that will moisturize your lips, this is it.
- It feels soft to wear
- It has subtle undertones for a more attractive smile
- It has a natural looking color
- It has attractive packaging
- It contains natural, moisturizing ingredients
- It’s not as affordable as some other options
- The color isn’t as richly pigmented as some would like
2 – Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick
Soft and beautiful are the two words that come to mind when you first see this Clinique. As you look closer, you’ll discover that there is even more than meets the eye in this captivating beauty. With a non-drying formula, you can be sure that it won’t feather or cake after application. It goes on smoothly and provides long-lasting coverage, so you can depend on it for date nights, special occasions, or simply for running errands.
It has attractive packaging and subtly rich pigmentation. For what it offers in quality, it is available at an affordable price. For anyone who wants a lipstick that will last through mealtimes and hours of use, this is one of the most reliable options around.
- It is truly long-lasting
- It doesn’t cake up
- It is great for casual use
- It is a quality product
- It is fairly priced
- The color isn’t true to description
- It may cake-up if you have dry lips
3 – NARS Pure Matte Lipstick
Sometimes you want a subtle option to add a touch of color to your lips without drawing too much attention to yourself. When this happens, you want a NARS lipstick in your makeup bag. With great natural-looking colors like Peloponnese, it provides just enough pigmentation to make you look good without being too much.
It contains wild mango butter, which means that it moisturizes your lips while you use it. With vitamin E and acai oil, you can trust that your lips will be healthier than ever when you use this NARS lipstick. It lasts for hours on end, making it perfect for long events and work days. If you appreciate matte makeup for your type of skin texture and lips, you’ll appreciate the texture. If not, you may want to apply lip balm before using it.
- It has a rich yet subtle pigmentation
- This product looks natural
- It has natural ingredients that moisturize your lips
- It is long lasting
- It is great for casual wear
- It is a bit too dry for easy application
- It’s more expensive than man options
4 – Revlon Super Lustrous Crème Lipstick, Berry Haute
This Revlon beauty is the perfect lipstick for navy blue dress or other casual wear. It’s soft feminine color is eye-catching yet subtle enough for everyday use. With a special LiquiSilk formula, the Super Lustrous is easy to apply and feels soft enough for daily wear.
It offers rich pigmentation which makes your lips stand out but it’s creamy texture keeps it from going on too bold. Because it’s rich in moisture, you can rest assured that your lips won’t dry out from using this product. While it may wear off after eating or drinking, you can depend on it otherwise. For women who like to wear soft and light lipstick, this is the perfect option for you.
- It’s true to color
- It is highly affordable
- It feels soft to wear
- The color is great for casual wear
- It has the right amount of pigmentation
- Its creamy texture makes it run during application
- It wears off after a few hours
5 – MAC Matte Lipstick Russian Red
Every woman should have a red lipstick in her makeup bag and wearing a red dress red lipstick combo is the way to anyone’s heart. Of course, not any red color will do. You want something that will last and provide you with no-smudge wear. This MAC option provides a smooth, matte finish that will stay on. As dry as it may feel upon application, it moisturizes your lips and feels soft to the touch.
For women who want no-fuss packaging in their favorite lip color, you’ll appreciate the sleek and easy-to-use design of this Russian Red beauty. You can also depend on its rich pigmentation for those days when you want your lips to stand out. Instead of asking what color to wear with your outfit, with this option, you’ll be asking “what clothes to wear with red lipstick?”
- It offers long-lasting use
- The color is rich and eye-catching
- It is smooth and easy-to-apply
- It offers moisturizing benefits
- It looks good with all types of skin tones
- Some people may not like the smell
- It’s a bit pricier than drug-store options
When Should You Use It?
These top 5 lipsticks are great for casual use. The MAC Matte Lipstick Russian Red is ideal for wearing for a date night while you may want to use the NARS Pure Matte Lipstick for running errands with the kids. Most of them have rich pigmentation so you can be sure that they are noticeable, but the colors are subtle enough for casual wear.
Whether you like to wear soft colors as a rule or you’re looking for an option for daytime use, the above lip products are ideal for everyday wear. Choose the one that best suits your budget and needs and use it whenever you feel like adding a bit of color to your day.
How Will It Help You?
You may have your favorite colors for nights out or special occasions, but you may find that the black dress red lips combination isn’t the best for picking the kids up at school. A casual lipstick color can help you to feel put together without you feeling like you’re headed out for a night of drinks. A good lip color can help you to combine your lipstick with your clothes more easily and is the perfect pick-me-up on days when you may not feel so attractive. While some makeup is great for times when you want a bold, daring, and full look, the above options are perfect for those times when you want to wear nothing else but lipstick. They can do a lot in pulling your look together without you having to do much. Casual lip colors are perfect for busy women who have a lot to do but want to look good while they’re doing it.
How To Choose The Right One For You
With so many different and beautiful options to choose from, how do you know which one is the best one for you? Just as with any personal beauty product, you want to take the time to understand your needs and what will best suit you. Following are some things to ask yourself to determine which product may be the best for you:
- Do you have dry or flaky lips? Just as everyone has different types of skin, people also have different lip textures. If you have dry lips that tend to flake with application, you may want to find a creamy option that goes on smoothly. You may also want to look for an option with natural ingredients that can help to moisturize while providing color. Matte options are typically not the best for dry, chapped lips.
- Do you like wearing bold colors? The above colors are mostly subtle options that you can use for running errands. They also work well for times when you don’t want to draw too much attention to yourself yet look put together. If you love bold colors but want a more subdued tone than your favorite ones, the MAC red option may be perfect for you. If not, the other options are favorites for women who like soft lipsticks.
- Are you looking for something that you can wear daily without calling too much attention? If you’re looking for a go-to option, you may not want to reach for the bolder colors. Instead, choose the subtle tones and regular pigmentation. You can trust them to keep you looking put together without feeling like you’re ready for a night out.
- How much are you willing to spend? When shopping for makeup, it’s important to know how much you are willing or can spend on one item. If you are looking for a backup, go-to color, you may not need to worry about getting the priciest item around. Some lower-priced options are just as great as high-end brands. If you must have the long-lasting favorite, then you may be willing to fork out more money for it.
- Do you need an option for events or special occasions? It’s happened to all of us; nights out with friends for dinner and drinks, where you get ready and look amazing beforehand. But, after dinner, your lipstick is smeared or gone. While you can try the options above that promise hours of use, you may want to save them for casual wear and look elsewhere for parties and special events.
The right lip color can be like magic for anyone who is looking for that special touch that enhances your look on a daily basis. Casual lip colors can help you to look good, no matter what you’re doing, without being too bold or “gaudy.”
Whether your personality type is that of someone who likes to minimalize, or you need something for everyday wear, choose the option that best suits you from our best lipsticks for casual wear reviews. There is something for everyone and we’re sure you’ll find the perfect one for you.