You spend all your time putting makeup on, but unfortunately you do have to take it off at the end of the day. It can be tempting to skip this essential step on some late nights but the fact that you’ll have to deal with clogged pores the next morning makes it worth the effort! I spent lots of time trying to find some great products to remove my makeup, and luckily, there are 5 amazing products made for just that.
Table of Contents
- Types of Makeup Removal Products
- Oil Cleanser
- Balms for Dry Skin
- Micellar Water
- Wipes for Lipstick
- Hypoallergenic Makeup Removers
- 5 Amazing Makeup Removal Products
- 5. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
- 4. Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover
- 3. Mary Kay Oil Free Makeup Remover
- 2. Maybelline New York Oil Free Remover
- 1. Lavo Best Organic Makeup Remover
Types of Makeup Removal Products
When it comes to makeup removal, there are a few types available that you can choose from.
Oil cleansers are the best way to get rid of heavy, long-wear cosmetics, or anything waterproof. All you have to do is massage a little into your dry face to help your makeup dissolve. Oils are great during winter when your skin is a little dryer too. However, take heed and don’t use it if you wear contact lenses! Excess oil can make those contacts blurry, so try something watery but oil free in that case.
Balms for Dry Skin
Dry or sensitive skin needs balms because of how gentle they are. They’re not as rich as cream cleansers, but you can still massage them onto dry skin to melt away makeup.
When you’ve got some tough makeup, use micellar water to get rid of any excess on your skin. These clean you up quickly without any sort of irritation, which is why they’re used a lot at fashion shows. Just hold a cotton pad on your skin for thicker makeup and watch the formula work.
Wipes for Lipstick
Lipstick has gotten good at staying on firmly throughout the day, so you need some great wipes to do the trick. Wipes are easy to carry to help you remove the best lipstick in only a swipe.
Hypoallergenic Makeup Removers
If you’re more prone to allergies or have sensitive skin, chances are you may already use hypoallergenic makeup. For your specific skin type, you might want to go for hypoallergenic makeup removers too. They can prevent breakouts and decrease clogged pores without irritating your skin. Just keep an eye out for any ingredients that can get under your skin, like possible plant allergens.
5 Amazing Makeup Removal Products
It’s tough enough to find the best makeup, but to pick a good makeup remover can be just as much of a headache too. Save a little time by starting here with the top 5 amazing makeup removers.
5. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
These easy towelettes offer easy cleansing with just one swipe. They’re gentle, soft, and perfect for sensitive skin or tough water proof makeup.
- Quick and convenient to use
- Very handy and easy to take anywhere
- Removes heavy makeup with ease
- No stinging, burning and doesn’t cause acne flare ups
- Pleasant smell
- Can be a little drying. Especially for people with already dry skin.
- Can be a bit tricky when it comes to removing mascara
4. Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover
This 5.5 fluid ounce container helps you remove anything waterproof, and is completely safe even if you wear contacts. All you have to do is shake it for a gentle clean. If you’re a contact len wearer, you’d be happy to know that this is definitely suitable and safe to use.
- Really removes all heavy make up well
- Very effective on mascara or even lip products
- Doesn’t feel drying
- Doesn’t irritate around the eyes
- Doesn’t feel greasy
- Might have to hold it longer over mascara or liquid eyeliner
3. Mary Kay Oil Free Makeup Remover
Use this makeup remover if you wear contacts or have sensitive skin. It’s tested for skin irritants and allergies, and is even fragrance free and non-comedogenic. It also works great on waterproof mascara.
- Very affordable compared to other brands
- Makeup comes off gently without scrubbing or rinsing
- No residue left behind
- Can feel a little too watery
2. Maybelline New York Oil Free Remover
Maybelline makes great makeup, so it’s nice that they make great makeup remover too! This remover is completely oil free and fragrance free to remove eye makeup in a snap.
- Only requires a little to get rid of heavy duty makeup
- Price point is perfect for a savvy buyer on a budget
- It’s moisturizing and helps your skin stay fresh too
- Some people do think it feels a little greasy despite it being ‘oil free’. Simply give it a quick wipe after use.
1. Lavo Best Organic Makeup Remover
Lavo’s makeup remover removes all makeup by dissolving it. Not only is it organic, but it’s thin and light too. Use it regardless of skin types as a remover or as a standalone cleanser by itself.
- Easy to use and instructions are very simple and clear
- Leaves your skin feeling clean and fresh without causing breakouts or clogging up pores
- Very moisturizing for the skin, making it perfect for the dryer months
- Does feel a little oily
- Sometimes, you may need to go back again to get rid of some residue (especially if you use long lasting makeup)
These 5 definitely made the list for us. You can use them regardless of your skin, and if you want something extra gentle, try a hypoallergenic makeup remover. Even with sensitive skin or wear contacts, you shouldn’t have anything to worry about.
Do share with us in the comments!