When should one use concealer and how can it change your life? Applying makeup on a daily basis can become tiring unless you find the perfect products. From eyeshadows to foundations, choosing top quality products makes a difference in your makeup routine.
Have you ever tried to save money by buying a cheap option only to find that it was more trouble than what it’s worth? There are many things that you may be able to skimp on quality for, but makeup is not one of them. To ensure that you have the flawless look that you want because that’s what wearing makeup is all about, you’ll want to make sure to invest wisely.
When it comes to concealer, you want to find one that is great quality, affordable, and easy-to-use. Concealer can make all the difference for women who have blemishes they don’t want to show. From being able to hide scars to covering up acne, concealer is the base you want for a perfectly flawless look.
Table of Contents
Our Top 5 Favorites
To help you in your makeup shopping, we have compiled what we consider to be the top 5 affordable full-coverage concealers.
Take a look:
5. Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer
Imagine using a concealer that does what it’s supposed to while also providing you with great coverage. This Tarte Shape concealer is beneficial for your skin with shea butter, licorice root, vitamin E, and peony. It helps to keep your skin smooth and because it contains no harmful ingredients, you can trust that it’s safe for use.
As what could be considered the best makeup concealer, this product gives you the full coverage that you are looking for. It allows for smooth and easy blending which everyone knows is important in a concealer. As a demi-matte concealer, it works well for many different skin types. Whether you have dry, normal, or oily skin, it can keep your face looking flawless throughout the day.
If you are looking for a product that keeps the shine away, brightens your skin, and feels breathable, this is it. It’s top quality makeup for a great price.
- It is effective for various skin types
- It contains moisturizing benefits
- It offers full coverage
- It may feel a bit too cakey for some
- It’s costlier than drug-store concealers
4. Laura Mercier Secret Concealer
This classy concealer comes in different packaging than most. Yet, it’s still small enough to fit in your bag for those touchups—should you ever need them. If you suffer from sensitive skin near your eyes or find yourself waking up with dark circles, this is the miracle worker that you seek. It works well for many different skin types, so if you have oily to dry skin, it should work just fine for you.
While pricier than some other options around, the quality is practically unmatched with other options. If you have blemishes, sun spots, or other skin issues, the Laura Mercier does a fabulous job at keeping them hidden.
The creamy texture helps to make it easy to apply and blends easily. While it isn’t best for women with wrinkles, it otherwise does an excellent job at offering full coverage.
- It has a smooth texture
- It works well for all types of skin
- It’s safe for sensitive skin
- It doesn’t set well with wrinkles
- It doesn’t apply well without a brush
3. Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation Concealer
For the ladies with a beautiful tan, this Milani product is one that will suit you perfectly. It’s the best concealer for dark skin. Small, compact packaging makes it easy to take with you whenever needed. Because it’s rich in pigmentation, it does a great job at covering those blemishes that you may be embarrassed to show.
Because it’s full coverage, it can be used on your cheeks, under your eyes and anywhere else on your face that may need some help. Also, it’s staying power and great coverage mean that you can even hide those wrinkles that have begun to creep up. The two-in-one benefit is that this makeup can be used both as a foundation or a concealer.
As a lightweight concealer, it’s easy to blend and apply. Its matte finish makes it a great option for women with oily skin. You should get this option if you want a product to find a great price, excellent quality, and superb functionality.
- It feels lightweight and breathable
- It lasts for many hours
- It’s easy to apply
- The matte finish may not be the best for those with dry skin
- The high pigmentation may be too much for some
2. Maybelline New York Face Studio Master Conceal Makeup
If what you want is portability, this fabulous concealer is sold in a small tube that can even fit in your pocket. At first, you may think that it won’t last, but because of its potency as a concealer, you only need to use a little. With a range of 5 different colors, there are plenty of hues for you to choose from.
While some concealers have a thick texture, this Maybelline product is thin and easy-to-apply. Because of its strong concentration, it works well for completely covering those unsightly blemishes. It works well for covering dark bags and although it covers flaws, it doesn’t look too obvious. Best of all, it helps to brighten up your face and give you the flawless glow that you want.
The eye studio lasting drama gel eyeliner comes with an eyeliner brush and holds highly concentrated pigments in a clear gel base, so its color is more intense and it promises to be line-resistant for 24 hours. This is a smudge proof and waterproof formula which can definitely come in handy.
- It is offered in a travelable packaging
- It is easy to blend and apply
- A little bit of this Maybelline coverup goes a long way
- It may be too lightweight for some women
- The colors aren’t the best for women with lighter pigmentation
1.Nuetrogena Skinclearing Blemish Concealer
This may be the full coverage concealer for those who have irritable skin or suffer from acne. Containing medicine for acne, if you want to wear makeup that is beneficial for you, this is it. It offers natural looking coverage which helps to cover breakouts. Yet, it goes a step further and provides a solution to your issue.
While it isn’t the best eye concealer, it’s breathable and smooth texture is easy to blend. If you have scars or sun spots, this product provides enough coverage to hide them. While it may not be as highly pigmented as some other options, for basic coverage, it works as needed.
It’s small packaging makes it an easy go-to product for every day and on-the-run use. This could be what you’ve been looking for if you want great quality, excellent pricing, and an acne-fighting concealer.
- It’s a great product for sensitive skin and people with acne
- It offers fair and smooth coverage
- It’s affordable
- The labeled hues are not true to the actual color
- The applicator isn’t easy-to-use
What to Look For
Finding the makeup that is right for you takes more than just picking a concealer because it looks good. To shop for makeup products, you need to understand your face and skin type. What may work amazingly for your best friend may be the “death” of you.
Following are some things to consider when searching for the top concealer for you:
- What is your skin type? Do you have oily skin that looks shiny with most makeup? Are you often embarrassed by flaky patches due to dry skin? Understanding your type of facial skin can help you pick the concealer that will diminish your skin issues. After all, that’s what using this type of makeup and foundation is all about—helping your skin look flawless.
- Do you have large pores that you want to hide? While your first thought for large pore problems is to grab a creamy concealer, don’t. Creamy foundations are great for many issues, but large pores aren’t one of them. This is because they tend to enhance the pores instead of hiding them. If you have this type of issue, you may want to reach for a matte finish concealer instead.
- Are you a mature woman with a few wrinkles? As an older woman who wants to maintain your appearance, you may wonder what is the best type of product for you. Some concealers may end up enhancing the appearance of wrinkles instead of minimizing them. Liquid concealers tend to be a good option for women with fine lines and wrinkles. It is easy to blend and doesn’t crease as much as matte foundation.
- Do you need rich pigmentation to cover scars or dark spots? If you, unfortunately, have scars that you want to hide, chemical stains, or dark sunspots, a foundation on its own may not be enough. Concealer can help to hide these blemishes, but only if you get the right kind for you. Some ladies are fine just using one with a thin texture that allows for a smooth base for foundation. Other women may want to find a highly-pigmented option that can go far in making your spots and stains invisible.
- Do you tend to look shiny by mid-day? If you happen to have oily skin, you may find that makeup only seems to enhance it. This is due to you using the wrong type of makeup for your skin type. When searching for your foundation and skin makeup, you will want to try to opt for a matte finish.
- Does packaging matter to you? If you are the type of woman who likes to have makeup with you at all times, you may care about presentation and packaging. If a concealer isn’t easy to apply, you may not want to make it your go-to option. Other factors to consider are the price to product ratio. If a concealer is long-lasting, affordable, and top quality, then a small bottle is fine. But, if it doesn’t seem to provide you with at least a month of use and is costly, you may want to look for another one.
- Do you have acne issues? If you struggle with acne, you may want to consider finding an option that provides you with some type of clearing benefits. For women with acne, finding the right type of makeup can be complicated. Greasy textures tend to encourage breakouts while dry textures can irritate your skin. If you have acne, you want to find a quality product that offers great coverage but that is also breathable.
- Does it have a fragrance? Some women are sensitive to fragrances and find themselves dealing with headaches when a product has too much smell. If you have a sensitivity to smell, you will want to make sure to avoid buying makeup with fragrances.
When looking for the best cheap concealer, make sure to find one that matches your foundation. If the color is off, it will be obvious when you apply foundation. While it will take time to find the perfect makeup for you, the good news is that once you do, you will have an option that you can depend on for years to come.
The above concealers range in pricing but each one offers quality coverage. Whether you have dark skin, fair skin, or suffer from acne or deal with blemishes, these above products can make a difference. Once you find the best full coverage concealer that is right for you, you’ll see just how great wearing makeup can be.