From our eyebrows to our lips, skin, and eyelashes, we are continually looking for ways to improve our appearance. The world is full of products designed to enhance our best features and hide the ones that we may not be so proud of.
One such feature is large pores. It’s something that women can’t help if they were born with it. Another reason you may want to hide your skin is if you have had serious acne that has resulted in scars. These are situations that may leave you feeling self-conscious. Fortunately, makeup masterminds have created a pore filler for acne scars and large pores.
Some people call this kind of makeup pore fillers, but it’s also known as a primer. However, you describe it, there is no doubting its effectiveness. The best primer for pores and wrinkles, as well as acne scars, can make a world of difference in your appearance. The best pore filler for you can hide stubborn blemishes that tend to show through foundation and provide it with a smooth, even base for a flawless result.
Table of Contents
- Our Top 5 Recommendations
- 1. e.l.f Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer
- 2. REVLON Photoready Perfecting Primer
- 3. NYX Professional Makeup Pore Filler
- 4. Touch in Sol-No Pore Blem Primer
- 5. No7 Instant Illusions Airbrush Away Primer
- When Should You Use It?
- How Will It Help You?
- How To Choose The Right One For You
- In Conclusion
Our Top 5 Recommendations
The following fillers for large pores, wrinkles, and acne scars are some of the best around. From their quality to their great prices, you will be sure to find a winning filler for you.
1. e.l.f Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer
If you are looking for affordability while also finding a reliable product, the e.l.f pore filler is an excellent option. As a clear primer, it’s a great option for those with even skin tones who simply want a base for tinted foundation. If you don’t like to feel like your makeup is caked on, you’ll love the lightweight, breathable feel of this product.
Its smooth texture goes on like silk making it easy to apply. It provides the right amount of coverage and works well for a foundation base. You don’t need much to get excellent coverage which is important as this e.l.f primer bottle doesn’t contain a lot of product. For those who are sensitive to fragranced makeup, you will appreciate the light smell that isn’t overbearing. It is also highly beneficial for minimizing redness.
- It provides fair coverage
- Its smooth, silky texture makes it easy to apply
- It minimizes redness which is a great help
- The bottle appears to contain more product than it has
- It isn’t the best for oily skin
2. REVLON Photoready Perfecting Primer
The design behind this primer makes it one that can provide you with beautifully flawless skin that is photo ready at any moment. Its texture is gel like and goes on smoothly. With a slightly pink tint, it brightens your look and minimize large pores.
If you tend to have issues with ingredients found in many primers, you’ll appreciate that this REVLON pore filler is oil, talc, fragrance, and paraben free. With a silky texture, you will hardly notice that you’re wearing it. Its lightweight texture doesn’t take away from its excellent coverage and pigmentation. Because a little goes a long way with this product, this primer lasts for a long time.
The REVLON pore filler can be used with a foundation or on its own. For both its durability and affordability, this is an excellent go-to option for women on the run.
- A little product goes a long way, you’ll love the results of this
- It is made from safe ingredients which helps those with allergies
- It has a light and smooth texture for an even application
- Too much can make it look cakey
- It isn’t very easy to apply
3. NYX Professional Makeup Pore Filler
A simple, straightforward appearance, the NYX pore filler means business. As a highly affordable option, it’s the ideal filler for a woman who wants no-fuss makeup. Its oil-free formula makes it a safe product for those who may struggle with acne. It contains Vitamin E which helps to keep your skin feeling smooth while also providing great coverage for large pores.
As a tinted primer, it’s effective for women who may struggle with acne scars or uneven skin tones. Its smooth texture provides a clean base for your foundation. If you have oily skin, this primer does a good job at minimizing shine. While it does provide fair coverage, its lightweight texture makes it so that you forget you’re wearing it.
If you want a backup primer or don’t wear filler often, this is an ideal option for you.
- It’s great for oily skin which is sometimes hard to find
- Its tinted coverage is great for uneven skin tones
- It’s affordable if you’re on a tight budget
- It doesn’t contain a large amount of product
- It has a strange smell that might take some time to get used to
4. Touch in Sol-No Pore Blem Primer
The gel texture of the Touch in Sol primer makes it easy to apply. It has a slight pink tint that helps to make your skin look healthier and brighter. It also works well for evening out your skin tone before applying foundation. It provides smooth coverage for women with wrinkles or large pores and has a soft, breathable feel.
For those who suffer from oily skin that looks shiny while wearing makeup, you’ll appreciate that this primer controls sebum. You can depend on it for long-lasting wear throughout the day. While women with oily skin can appreciate this option, it also works well on dry skin due to its soft, smooth texture.
If you have been looking for a lightweight yet effective pore filler, the Touch in Sol primer is an excellent choice for you. While somewhat pricier than drugstore options, it is priced affordably for its quality and effectiveness.
- It works well for uneven skin tones giving a more even result
- It is beneficial for both oily and dry skin types
- It has a breathable, smooth texture to help give you natural appearance
- It doesn’t provide as much coverage as high-end brands
- It minimizes appearance of fine lines but doesn’t hide them completely
5. No7 Instant Illusions Airbrush Away Primer
If you’re a woman who has recently found new lines and wrinkles, you may be searching for a primer that can minimize their appearance. The No7 primer has a smooth, silky texture that makes it easy to apply and feels lightweight on your skin. Because you only need a little for excellent coverage, the tube lasts for a while. This helps to make the price a fair cost for a long-lasting product.
For women who have sensitive skin that tends to get irritated easily by makeup, the No7 is hypo-allergenic and doesn’t cause adverse reactions. It also does an excellent job at covering up large pores and can be used alone for women with even skin tones. As the name would suggest, you can get an airbrushed look that will last throughout the day.
- It does a great job at minimizing fine lines that are difficult to hide
- It has a soft, breathable texture so you don’t feel like you’re wearing a mask
- It is safe for acne-prone skin so you don’t break out again
- It blends easily making it simple to apply
- It’s pricier than most primers but well worth the results
- It isn’t the best for oily skin, so you might need to look at other options
When Should You Use It?
Knowing when to use primer is a personal preference. You may be the type of woman who likes to have full-coverage on a daily basis or perhaps you save the best for special occasions. Either way, pore fillers can be used whenever and wherever.
They are especially beneficial for times when you want a “photo-shop” finish. Whether you have a wedding coming up and want to look amazing or you want your makeup to last through the day, a primer can ensure that your face looks flawless.
It can be used at any time but especially when you want to leave your skin looking flawless. Large pores often make us look older or tired and using a filler can help to provide us with a more youthful appearance.
How Will It Help You?
There are several reasons why you would want to use a primer. If you find that foundation doesn’t cut it for full-coverage due to your large pores, a pore filler will help to provide a base for your foundation to “stick” to.
Where foundation still shows your pores, pore filler makeup does a great job at evening out your complexion and hiding scars, pores, and wrinkles. When applied correctly, your skin can look as healthy and youthful as it once was.
How To Choose The Right One For You
Choosing the perfect primer for you is a matter of preference and your skin type. While any pore filler can do a good job at hiding pores, you want to think about other factors and your personal needs. When shopping for one of the above products, consider the following:
- Do you want to hide redness or minimize a sallow appearance?There are primers that can help to “color-correct” and hide these issues. Green tinted primers are highly beneficial in hiding redness. If you happen to have sallow-looking skin and want it to look brighter, use a primer that has a purple tint. Pink tinted primers help to give your skin a healthy glow.
- Do you want extra coverage?There are tinted pore fillers that help to add extra coverage to your foundation. For those with uneven tones, this is an important feature. Just make sure that you get a primer that combines well with your foundation.
- How oily is your skin?If you have oily skin that seems to look sweaty and messy every time that you put on makeup, you will want to find a mattifying primer.
- Do you have dry skin?If you have dry skin, you will want to stay far away from mattifying primers. They can make your skin look flaky and enhance the appearance of dryness. Instead, look for one that is created for normal to dry skin.
- Do you want to take care of your skin while wearing makeup?Some people are okay with their nightly routine of facial skin care, but if you want to take your skin care a step further, look for products that provide your skin with moisturizing and refreshing results. Also, take time to research the ingredients in your foundation filler to be sure that you are using safe products.
- How much pore coverage do you need?If you happen to have really large pores that show up through even the best foundation, a silicone based primer may be better for you than a water-based one. Silicone primers are better at filling in pores and will provide you with a smoother base for foundation. Just make sure that you don’t happen to have an unexpected allergy to silicone as some people do.
Most of all, look for a facial pore filler that you can depend on. You don’t want to invest in a primer that isn’t the right color or texture for your skin type. If possible, test different options on your skin before making a decision. Once you find the one, makeup shopping and application becomes that much easier.
From oily skin to dry skin, redness or sallowness, large pores or acne scars, primers can work magic. If you have been looking for a way to improve your look and get flawless-looking skin, pore fillers are the answer. They help to hide blemishes and provide your foundation with a base that helps it to last throughout the day.
Pore fillers are a great product to have for those times when you know your skin will be on display. From daily use for work to saving it for special occasions, the above fillers are some of the most affordable and functional ones around.