So many different brands come out with makeup sets every year because of its increasing popularity. It’s just become so convenient to have a ready-made kit for us to take along when we go out or when we travel. There’re just so many to choose from and deciding on one single set to purchase can get really complicated. In order to help you avoid over thinking to the point you compulsively get the first set you lay your eyes on, we have compiled a list of the best makeup sets for 2017.
Table of Contents
- What You Can Have In Your Makeup Kit
- 5. SHANY All-in-One Makeup Palette with Tools and Eyes, Lips, and Face Beauty Book
- 4. SHANY The Masterpiece 7 Layers All In One Makeup Set
- 3. BR deluxe makeup palette (64 colors) – extra pearl shine
- 2. SHANY All In One Makeup Kit (Eyeshadow, Blushes, Powder, Lipstick & More) Holiday Exclusive
- 1. Aesthetica Nude Lip Contour Kit
What You Can Have In Your Makeup Kit
As time passes and you get more and more experienced with makeup, you probably realize you really don’t need all those unnecessary items you keep buying. It’s so much easier to narrow down to the absolute must-have items for your kit so here are the items we recommend you have to make up your basic makeup kit!
- Makeup primer and/or moisturizer – Because there’s no way you can have great makeup without properly prepping your skin first. Which one you decide on is completely up to you. Some even use a combination of the both in order to make sure their makeup stays in place the whole day.
- Foundation and concealer – The very basis of every good look is a foundation that matches your skin tone perfectly combined with a good concealer for some extra backup.
- Eyebrow pencil / Eyebrow shadow – Or just anything you prefer using on your eyebrows. You should never ignore your eyebrows, they’re one of the most important features of your face, and a good eyebrow shadow/pencil can completely transform your look.
- Mascara – It goes without saying that no makeup look is complete without a good layer of mascara. Choose one that works best for you, depending on the effect you want to achieve. If you’re a fan of the no-makeup look, you should consider getting the best clear mascara you can find, but you should never skip mascara.
- Eyeliner – Because mascara and eyeshadows are never enough if you want to achieve a nice, dramatic night look.
- Nude lipstick – It’s one of the two most basic lipstick hues everyone should have in their kit.
- Red lipstick – The second basic lipstick hue that everyone should carry with them. The easiest way to transform a day to night look is by applying a nice red lipstick.
- Makeup brushes and foundation applying tools – If you prefer using brushes instead of fingers for applying makeup then you need to invest in a good set of makeup brushes or some other tool, like foundation sponges. It’s incredible how much difference a good makeup tool can make.
- Blush – For adding some healthy glow on your skin.
- Highlighter – Can be found in millions of different forms nowadays, a good highlighter is one of the must-haves for this season.
- Eyeshadows – The most basic palette you’ll need is one with a range of everyday nudes to help you with that no makeup look.
- Q-tips and blotting paper – For quick touch ups and fast ways to erase errors.
This makeup palette comes with makeup that’s great for everyday or special occasion looks. The set includes: lip colors, matte blushes, eye shadows with various finishes, black and brown pencil eyeliners, waterproof liquid eyeliner, and applicators. This is a product that has been designed by makeup professionals in the US, and was not tested on animals. The box comes with a SHANY beauty book, True-to-Color Makeup, lip, brow, brush, and eyeshadow applicators and an embedded mirror.
- Magnetic closure keeps everything together
- Colors are vibrant but not clownish
- Comes with applicators and they have a designated spot
- Colors go on easily with one application
- Great for beginners
- Great value for the price
- Doesn’t come with a mascara
- Eyeshadow applicator comes of the handle
The SHANY Masterpiece 7 Layers All-in-One Makeup Set includes seven removable and interchangeable layers of highly pigmented makeup for all skin types and tones. This set comes with 3 layers of eyeshadow with different finishes, 32 semi-matte lip colors, 6 matte powder blushes, cream foundation, concealer and different contour shades.
- You can get many different looks with this one set
- The quality of the products is excellent
- The shadows/blushes are extremely pigmented
- Concealer is creamy enough to be used as a foundation if applied lightly
- The lipgloss/lipstick has amazing holding power
- Matches any skin tone
- Lacks darker shades of foundation and blush for all skin tones
- Concealers get patchy and don’t cover well
This makeup set is great for traveling and it really has everything you need. It’s an expandable swing open kit so it will make it easy for you to choose and find the colors you want quickly. Designed in the USA, it also opens to both sides and front. The kit includes eyeshadows, blushes, powders, lipglosses and a makeup applicators.
- Very reasonable price
- Offers tons of different combinations
- Great selection of colors
- Small, light and fits in a bag
- Blushes and the blush brush are great
- Eyeshadows last long
- Great for beginners
- Trays pop off
- The lipstick is not good
This all in one makeup kit is great for makeup novices. It’s a space-efficient kit with three layers of makeup. The top layer is filled with 45 pigmented matte and shimmer shades to create everyday or more formal looks. The second layer holds 12 lip gloss pans, two lip gloss tubes, two eyeliners, one lipstick, and one mascara.
- Leather case is reusable
- Great for travel
- Does not take up a ton of space when fully opened
- Great value for the money
- Great colour selection
- Not suitable for dark complexions
- The blush and eye shadow aren’t very pigmented
- No mascara
Unlike the other full makeup kits in this article, this one is a lip contour kit. The kit includes Five extended wear matte nude lip colors, a lip-popping highlighter, 2 Double-ended long wear Lip Contouring Pencils and an Aesthetica Pro Series Lip Brush for flawless application. It also comes with a Nude Lip Contour Set with easy to follow instructions and lip contour tutorials.
- Really creamy, goes on smoothly
- Really affordable, but packaging looks really nice
- Excellent choice of shades
- Offers many different combinations
- Great quality
- Works best for fair skin tones
- The lip liner smells bad
Makeup sets are an amazing choice if you’re someone who travels a lot, is always in a rush, loves being organised and enjoys experimenting with colours and shades. There are so many sets to choose from nowadays that there’s no need to lose time experimenting or combining products from different brands.
Do share with us in the comments!