We always look forward to beauty launches which is akin to a fun treasure hunt. Discovering what’s yay or nay is really exciting for us because we really want to make life simpler for all the makeup junkies out there. We sorted out the top skin products that were launched recently and ended up with so many amazing finds.
When summer arrived it brought along a gamut of goodies and we picked the ones that are truly summerific. Read on to find out the best makeup and beauty essentials to add to this season’s beauty bag.
Here are our top summer beauty must haves.
- Benefit Hello Happy Soft Blur Foundation. This new lightweight foundation from Benefit is well received by makeup junkies all over the world due to its amazing blurring effect.
Just a few drops of this magic potion and a flawless finish can be yours. Find out why makeup lovers keep raving about Hello Happy Foundation and listed it as one of summer’s best makeup. Try it on the soonest time possible.
Price: $ 29.00
- Dior Backstage Face and Body Foundation. This waterproof and sweat resistant foundation comes in 40 shades with natural matte finish. It provides medium coverage that lasts the whole day through.
This is also formulated to match all types of skin tone. Get the flawless and runway-ready summer skin by adding this to your makeup list.
Price: $ 40.00
- Lawless Woke Up Like This Flawless Finish Foundation. The Lawless team is serious about creating all natural makeup which does not contain carcinogenic or toxic ingredients.
Annie Lawless just added this new foundation to her non-toxic lineup of beauty products. If you prefer ultra-clean foundation that leaves your skin flawless for hours, we suggest you include this in your makeup list.
Price: $ 46.00
- Bobbi Brown Primer Plus Protection SPF 50. An ultra-lightweight, quick-absorbing face primer that you can wear alone or with foundation.
If you wish to skip full coverage this summer, just apply primer to blur imperfections and you are ready to don the no makeup look. Your face will look fresh and summer ready.
Its broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection will also amply shield your skin from the sun.
Price: $ 38.00
- NARS Orgasm Illuminating Loose Powder. Illuminate your skin with NARS cult classic hue. You will certainly want to add this to your collection if you have been a fan of Orgasm.
The shimmery powder perfectly blends onto the skin and lit up your face where light naturally hits. The glow is stunning so try it.
Price: $ 28.00
- Charlotte Tilbury Pretty Youth Glow Filter. This is the latest crème blush and highlighter duo from tilbury which also comes with a Cheek Hug Brush. It leaves your cheeks with a sheer glow that’s perfect for summer.
We really like how the brush holds true to its name. It hugs your cheeks so well that the makeup blurs and blends so smoothly.
Price: $40 (palette only); $60 (with hug brush)
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Blush Stick. You do not need to bake yourself under the sun to get a gorgeous sun-kissed glow on your cheeks. This Blush stick will give you a pretty cheek tint all summer long so pack it with your wherever you go.
The formula is buildable so it won’t come on too strong on your first swipe. We love how natural it comes out on your cheeks and we’re certain you will too.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Eye-Conic Multi Finish Eyeshadow palette in Fantascene. This new limited edition eye palette comes in four finishes: buttery matte velvet, shimmery satin, sparkling silk and metallic lame. It also includes an assortment of neutral and intense summer hues.
Price: $ 49.00
- YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils The Mascara. YSL’s latest mascara will really pump up the volume of your lashes. The false lash effect is really amazing.
This is actually an improved version of their classic mascara. It is now enriched with B5 pro-vitamin, which nourishes your lashes.
Price: $ 32.00
- Kat Von D 24-Hour Super Brow Long-Wear Pomade. This waterproof brow pomade comes in 16 highly pigmented shades so there should be one to suit your liking.
Take the plunge and enjoy the beach or pool party without having to worry about unkempt brows.
- Charlotte Tilbury Collagen Lip Bath. This new clear high shine lip gloss promises to bring back moisture, reduce fine lines and add volume to your lips.
It is formulated with marine collagen, mustard sprout extracts, coconut oil and peppermint. Just wash this over your favorite lipstick or wear it alone to get an adorable pout.
- Winky Lux Disco Kitten Gloss. Loosen up this summer and hop on this season’s cosmic glitter bug with our current favorite lip gloss.
What’s really amazing with these shiny lippies is how it went from clear to pretty pink after a few blinks. Thanks to its PH-activated ingredients, the gloss will adjust to your lips PH and bring out your natural lip pink tint.
Price: $ 14.00
- Maybelline Shine Compulsion Lipstick Makeup by Color Sensational. Maybelline’s new high shine lipstick collection which comes in 10 super saturated shades is truly tempting.
We love the buttery texture, hydrating feel and glossy shine that we got after one swipe. The color intensity is just right for this season, vibrant but not blinding.
Price: $ 7.99
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hydrating Lip Gloss Stick. This tinted nourishing lip gloss will give your lips “30 coats of lacquer” shine. You can choose from 8 irresistible shades of creamy mauves, shimmery nudes and bright pops.
It does not come off easily even if it’s lightweight. We love its “melt on cushiony” texture. We won’t be surprise if this will become a mainstay in your makeup kit.
Price $ 28.00
- Bliss Micro Magic Skin-renewing Microdermabrasion Scrub. If you exfoliate with bliss scrub at least once a week, your skin will thank you forever.
We love this new product because after one scrub you will really feel that your skin just got revitalized. The volcanic pumice is surprisingly gentle on the skin. Not harsh at all. Bravely face summer with smooth bright skin with this must have make up essential.
Price: $ 15.00
- Soko Glam Acropass Trouble Cure Pimple Patches. When a zit pops out of nowhere, everything turns gray. Don’t let pimples get in the way of your summer break and make sure to pack a few of these pimple patches.
Each patch contains innovative microneedle technology to truly infuse skin with hard-working pimple fighting ingredients that attack bacteria and treat inflammation faster than other pimple patches.
Price: $ 18.00
- Peace Out Puffy Eyes Under-Eye Patches. Lack of sleep, dehydration and bad allergies cause dark circles and puffy eye bags.
Go easy on the concealer and treat yourself instead with these bio-cellulose under eye patches which are soaked in antioxidant passion fruit extracts. Wake up your tired looking eyes with these amazing under eye masks.
Price: $ 25.00 (6pairs/pack)
When you update your makeup stash this season, choose products that are formulated to beat the heat and nourish your skin at the same time. Keep in mind that summer is a good time to let your skin breathe so it’s better to use lightweight makeup.
Get foundation, primer or bb/cc cream with strong UVA/UVB protection. When the temp rises, skin gets parched so it’s best to stick to makeup packed with hydrating and moisturizing ingredients.
Summer beauty exudes freshness so select beauty products that will not weigh down on your skin and cause dryness or blemishes.
The “no makeup” look, rules this summer. Although it seems easy to pull off, going bare face requires plenty of upkeep. You have to make sure that your skin is in tip top shape for summer so give it lots of TLC.
Your bedtime skincare routine should never be missed so you’ll wake with fresh radiant skin every day. Lastly, don’t forget to exfoliate to make your skin glow underneath your “almost invisible” summer makeup.